Friday, November 30, 2007

Best alarm clock ever

Since leaving my day job a few days back, I've struggled to maintain a strict schedule and wake up when I should. I must start the day early, but of course the reasons aren't as convincingly immediate.

I finally arrived at a workable solution - I've been up bright and early ever since! Here's the easy step-by-step method:

1. Obtain a cute chick. Perhaps one with a naturally tan skin tone, that evokes the kiss of sunlight even on a dark morning in the depths of a Calgary winter.

II. Tell her of your resolve. Make it clear that her help is appreciated and success will result in more such evenings followed by light and yet nourishing breakfasts.

III. Cuddle up with her. Go to sleep (eventually).

IV. Wake up and be gently but firmly nudged out of bed and into jogging clothes by the cute chick in your bed. She will keep it warm.

V. Return, shower and wake up the cute chick by a method of your choosing. Drink Earl Grey tea and eat fruit together.

Woman: innovator, nurturer, alarm clock. Is there anything she can't do?

No comments: