Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Second Life

I have been offered a gig in Second Life. A fellow comic who does a lot of gigs in SL is doing a Second Life Pride Show and invited me to perform. He cautioned me that this would be an 'building' show, useful mostly for experience and paying next to nothing, particularly if one converts the virtual payment to real dollars.

And so I have discovered that in the world of Second Life, where reality is malleable and one can assume whatever guise one wishes, at least two things remain steadfast and true:

1. Comedians don't make money
2. I can only get niche shows.

Any avatar suggestions?

1 comment:

Elron said...

hehehe ... well, truth be told, you DO make money at comedy in SL ... just not very much, lol. You will make tips (and sometimes show fees) in "Lindens" in the game, and you CAN cash those out for real world $$$'s ... the problem is that the exchange rate means you aren't getting a lot of real world cash ... but I AM making a profit on comedy in SL, which, given the amount of driving I have to do, is more than I can say for real life at the moment, lol.

If nothing else, SL is good practice for "the real thing." Good to have you in the game :)